Techyworks Pty Ltd (“we”, “us”, “our”) collect personal information in many ways, including when you enquire or sign up for our services, or use any of our services, applications or content we offer. Personal information may be collected when you visit, browse and use our website techyworks.com.au (“Site”). It is collected when you contact us through an enquiry form, by email, or by phone or when you meet with any of our representatives in person.
Personal information is deemed as information about an individual who can be reasonably identified on the basis of that information. The following are types of personal information that we may collect when you use our Site, contact us or use our services:
- your name;
- job title;
- your company’s name and industry;
- your business’s location;
- your contact details, including address, phone number and email;
- and any other personal information which you may submit or any additional information which you give us when we request it from you.
Collection and use of personal information
The information we gather from you is done by lawful means and is primarily collected so that we can offer and provide our services and related functions. We store, use and divulge the information we have collected about you so that we can:
- provide and improve our services and business processes;
- keep records of our clients and prospective clients;
- develop new services;
- analyse how our Site is used;
- enhance the content and functionality of the Site;
- provide information, including promotional and marketing materials that relate to our services, by email and other means.
When you sign up for and request any of our services, you need to acknowledge and agree that we will divulge some or all of your personal information to persons and entities whom we have engaged or with whom we are affiliated in order to provide and deliver the service you have requested from us.
Cookies and web analytics
We employ Google Analytics to examine how visitors navigate our Site. “Cookies” are small files that are put on web users’ browsers. This way Google Analytics can create statistics on the use of the Site. We use the information to enhance our Site and to create better and more suitable content for the visitors of our Site.
Third-party content platforms
We are present on social media and other third-party platforms. On our site, we have links to our social media accounts and other third-party applications where you can share content. We may collect your personal information when you connect with us through our social media accounts and other third-party platforms. You need to be aware that third-party sites and applications have their own purposes for collecting your information. They have their own practices and privacy policies, which we are not responsible for.
Disclosure of personal information
If it is required by law or if it is in the public interest, we will disclose your personal information to the relevant authorities or parties. We will disclose your personal information when it is necessary for the provision of our services, when we need to monitor our services, or when you have expressly consented to it. Examples of the situations in which and the persons to whom we may disclose your personal information include:
- our employees, contractors, consultants, our related businesses or affiliates when the personal information is needed to contact you about our services and products or to provide you with the services you have requested or for any other permissible business purpose;
- our expert advisors, service providers or contractors who conduct any of our business functions and services, including but not limited to persons hosting our web servers, persons administering IT systems or persons providing any other support services.
Security of personal information
We have put reasonable measures in place to safeguard your personal information from abuse and disclosure not authorised under this Policy. We aim to ensure the information we keep is relevant and up to date. Your personal information will be archived or destroyed safely when we no longer need it for the purposes we collected it for in the first place.
Access to personal information
We can give you access to view, revise and update the personal information we hold on you. If you want access, you need to make the request in writing using the contact details available on our Site.
If you don’t want us to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, contact us in writing to advise you want to opt-out. Refer to our Site for our contact details.
Questions and complaints
We may update this policy at any time. Updates to this policy are noted at the bottom of this policy.
This policy operates from 4 September 2021.